Monday, May 14, 2012

Service Learning

Literal
·       Its under links Service Learning

·       JoAnn Schultz ( Ortega has the number)
    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
  • The most important thing I gain from experience is working with the patients and really understanding them. I got to talk to diabetic patients and really listen to what they have to say and work with them to make there life fun. I got to grow closer to them and teach a lot about me topic with Jo Ann Schultz as my mentor. I also got to talk to doctors and learn all about Casa Colina. The reason why is because every time I got there I did my patient rounds. I visit them and saw how they are doing. Sometimes they were discharge so I never got to say good bye I meet new patients all the time. I got to help those in need when they need me so I like that on my job. It would be patient development because I really got to grow closer with them also learn how to talk to people. So I gain people skills and presentation development. Jo Ann always made me talk and show new volunteers around and show them all the drills.
   Applied
     How did what you did help you answer your EQ?  Please explain.
  • I got to learn about diabetes from my service learning with Jo Ann. I got my answers from patients there and observing them and see what make there sugar raise. I really got to see all the effects of all the patients. I talk to them and got to do yoga classes and learn new things. Jo Ann would give me answers and tell me what good and bad. I got to use the patients to really make those answers true. I got to really find different activities that go with that answer. When Jo Ann did here diabetic class she explains everything. She explains what causes it and ways you can prevent it. Also when I research it pop up and everything is really made the answers truer. I think it’s more because of the patients because I got to see what happen of I talk about this or do this. I would change this up and see what happens also tested it on my dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment